1) What kind of information is collected?
If you visit a Third Floor Design website to browse, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about the visit. The following information is automatically collected and stored:
- The Internet Protocol address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider;
- Information relating to your computer system, such as the type of browser and operating system, language used, and demographic information such as global location;
- The date and time of the visit; and
- The web pages or services accessed.
- Information collected automatically in this manner is used for purposes such as assessing system performance, improving web services, improving website management and determining best content for our visitors. Third Floor Design websites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or email address. We only obtain personal information in a manner where you provide consent.
2) Information collected directly from you
All personal information held or collected by Third Floor Design is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information
3) What safeguards are in place?/
Third Floor Design makes reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal information against such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, or disposal. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operating practices as part of Third Floor Design continuing commitment to the protection of personal information it holds. Consumer inquiries will be forwarded to the appropriate Third Floor Design staff by email, and we will make every effort to ensure the security of these transmissions. Third Floor Design does not sell or rent your personal information. Furthermore, Third Floor Design employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our websites, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our sites unless an attempt to damage the sites has been detected.
Third Floor Design websites use “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site, demographics on their systems, languages, global locations, and sites previously visited or to determine which site content most appropriately fits our visitors, such as language specific content. The cookies are not used to identify individuals except in the case of unauthorized attempts described in Section Three (3). Cookies can be disabled or denied in your web browser settings with minimal impact on your ability to access information from this site. (A “cookie” is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to allow it to monitor your use of their site.)
5) Use of information
Information on individual visitors is used by Third Floor Design employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We do not disclose this information to anyone outside of our organization except where legally permitted to disclose some personal information in situations such as an investigation of illegal activities, reasonable methods to collect overdue accounts, a medical emergency or suspicion of illegal activities, etc. Only pertinent information is disclosed. The company does not sell, lease, or trade information about visitors to other parties.
6) How long is information retained?
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Once the personal information is no longer required to be retained to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
7) Disclosure of third party services
Any message that you may send through our sites will go through Hostmonster, a third party corporation responsible for handling the day-to-day web servers for our company. Information concerning the functioning of the site is provided to Hostmonster so that they can propose adjustments to the site to maximize its effectiveness. Hostmonster is bound by a contract with Bangers and Mash to treat any personal information it receives in relation to this website as though it is covered by the provisions of the Privacy Act. Automated information as outlined by Section One (1) of this Privacy Notice may also be held, managed, or utilized by third party corporations who handle some of our statistical analysis of our web site traffic. Bangers and Mash makes every effort to select reputable service providers for these services, but is not responsible for the privacy practices of these service providers.
8) Links to other sites
9) How can I access and correct information I submit to a Bangers and Mash® website?
Third Floor Design will inform an individual, upon the individual’s request, of the existence, use, and disclosure of the individual’s personal information, and shall give the individual access to it in accordance with the law.
Individuals may access and verify any personal information with appropriate notice so that the office is able to supply the information required.
Attention: Owen Lambert, Privacy Officer
Third Floor Design